Most families choose to move over the summer, that way their kids don’t have to transfer schools during the school year. When the time comes when you move and your kids have to finally transfer, it may be very hard on them. Use some of these tips to help ease the move.
Try to keep as many old items as possible
This includes furniture, comforters, toys, and anything else from your old home. Buying new furniture will make the kids feel even less at home than they already are.
Coming off of this, replicate the rooms from your old home. If possible, set up your furniture in the same directions as they were previously. You should also try to organize your kitchen cabinets in a similar way so that the children don’t get confused.
Keep a routine
Eat your meals at the same times as you did before. Little things such as meals and tv time can go a long way to make them feel comfortable.
Help them get situated
Have them meet some of their teachers as well as your new neighbors to get to know the people they will be around most.
Sign your child up for community activities or sports teams to get to know more kids their age. They will end up making lots of new friends as well as finding something they enjoy doing.
Be there for them
Let them know that you understand how difficult this process is. It is very hard to go through and you just have to be there for them and help make the transition as smooth as possible.
Summer has gone by quick, and school is quickly approaching now. Soak up the sun and enjoy the pool for a few more days before it is time to do schoolwork! Before sending your children off to school, remember to do some back-to-school shopping. Follow these tips for a smooth back-to-school shopping experience.
- Keep your eye out for deals! Many stores will have deals and special sales on back-to-school gear. Whether it is backpacks, notebooks, pencils, or paper, always try to take advantage of the end of summer deals!
- Look for coupons. Look for coupons in magazines, newspapers, websites, and more! Coupons can help you save big and can save time deciding on which materials to buy.
- Make a list. Don’t go into the store blind. Try and make a list of the supplies you need to purchase before you leave for the store. This will make your shopping more efficient and less stressful.
- Try to hold off on shopping for clothes. Everyone child wants to have the coolest outfit on the first day of school. However, studies have shown that the end of the summer isn’t the best time to shop for clothes. Prices will generally be higher and the clothing isles will be more crowded. Try shopping for clothes a few weeks after school starts!
- Start shopping when the stores first open! Arriving at the store when the doors have just opened is often the best way to breeze through back-to-school shopping. You won’t have to wait in lines and you can find supplies more easily. Easier said than done but try to be an “early bird” for the day!
- Next summer, start back-to-school shopping earlier in the summer! It is often hard to think about, but consider doing some back-to-school shopping in order to avoid the large crowds. If you have a free day in the summer, use it to get some shopping out of the way!
A customer in the Piedmont Triad area was in the process of selling their home. Prior to putting their house on the market, they needed to declutter and resurface their floors. They needed extra storage space to keep all their belongings during the renovation and home selling process. During the renovation, Zippy Shell delivered three storage containers to their home and loaded up all the belongings that needed to be stored.
Until the day they moved to their new home, Zippy Shell safely stored their items at one of our secure climate-controlled storage facilities. Zippy Shell then delivered their items right to their new home, where we helped them unload everything and bring it into their new home.
Zippy Shell allowed the customer to make the process of selling their old home and moving into a new home as smooth as possible. If you are looking to sell your home and need extra storage space while doing so to make your home as presentable as possible, get a quote with Zippy Shell today!
Now that summer is coming to an end, it’s time to start thinking about packing up your outdoor furniture. Here are a few actions you should take before stowing away your furniture.
Make sure your items are not covered in any dirt or debris from outside. Don’t forget to check around for any bugs who may have found a new home in your stuff. Make sure to clean off your grill after its final use of the season so that when next summer comes around there isn’t old food stuck to the grill.
You may need to drain out rainwater from some of your pieces of furniture. Also make sure to empty out all the sand in sandboxes and charcoal from grills. Lastly, drain the remaining gas from your lawnmower leaf blowers and more to prevent leakage during storage.
Disassemble and package
Carefully disassemble your furniture without causing any damage. Keep everything together for each individual item. Put all loose pieces that belong to an item in a labeled bag and/or tape or secure this bag to the item.
Moving and storing
Whether you are moving your items to a new location, or want to store them at your house, call Zippy Shell. We can store your outdoor furniture in one of our portable storage containers right at the convenience of your home or we can store your items at our climate-controlled storage facility.
A customer in the Piedmont Triad area needed storage in between home closings. Once they moved out of their home, they needed storage space for the period they were transitioning to their new home. Luckily, Zippy Shell was able to deliver two portable storage containers right to the customer’s home. Our moving and storage professionals loaded up the shells and brought them back to our climate-controlled storage facility.
Once the customer had moved into their new home, Zippy Shell safely delivered their storage units! The shells were unloaded in less than 2 hours and the customer was pleased we had the ability to pick them up the same day. This efficiency allowed the customer to make a smooth transition into their new home.
If you are moving to a new home, have Zippy Shell help you do it. We can help store and transport your belongings at your convenience. Get a quote here today!