Leaves have changed color and the weather is getting cooler. Fall has officially arrived and it is time for us to embrace this perfect weather. The colorful leaves and crisp air give fall a beauty unlike any other season. With fall comes opportunity for so many fun activities outside. Here are some of our favorite activities for this year’s fall season!
- Apple Picking : Apple picking is one thing I have always wanted to do but haven’t had the chance to! Both Maryland and Virginia have a lot of places for apple picking festivities. Some of the best places that I have heard is in Charlottesville, VA. This is a fun activity is perfect for friends, family, etc. It’s fun and delicious at the same time!
- Get Lost in A Corn Maze: This is such a fun fall activity and Virginia has some of the best corn mazes in the country! You can enjoy this activity during the day or at night. Get lost with your friends and family and try racing to see who can figure the way out first! What a fun way to get active and enjoy some fresh air.
- Go for A Hike: I recently went to Maryland and enjoy a beautiful hike there. The colors are truly amazing right now. There are several places to go hiking in DC, Virginia, and Maryland. This is just a recent hike I did and I absolutely loved. It was beautiful and there are a bunch of different trail options for whatever you’re looking for. Plus, there is the cutest winery at the end which is a nice little reward after a long hike. If you are looking for a longer hike they have longer trail options as well as trails that only take about 10-15 minutes to reach the top! I definitely recommend checking this outdoor activity out this autumn.
- Rent a Cabin in the Mountains: This is such a fun idea! Why not rent a cabin for a group of friends, your family, or even just you and your significant other? A nice little get away from the chaos of day-to-day life may just what you need. There are some beautiful cabins throughout Maryland and Virginia that could make for the perfect fall weekend.
- Have Fun Making Your Home Festive: One of the best parts about fall is the colors so why not decorate your house with some beautiful decorations. This instantly puts everyone in the festive mood makes your home feel welcoming and cozy.
There are so many ways to celebrate this beautiful fall weather. All you really need is to grab some friends or family and enjoy!